Monday, September 6, 2010

Camping, Skiing and Tubing for Labor Day!

Isn't he just the most handsome kid you have ever seen in your life? I know, I couldn't agree more.
Anyway, for Labor Day weekend, we decided to do something different than going fishing. We all decided the kids were big enough to learn how to water ski. So, Todd and his daddy, Pappy, dug out the old water skiis and we bought an inflatable water tube and off we went. The kids were extremely excited but the I think the big kid was excited the most.
Todd found his old slalom. It still had the $50 sticker on it where he had tried to sell it in a yard sale we had a long time ago. He was glad it didn't sell. He showed us all that he's still got it.
Nathan tried and tried but this is about as good as he did. Each time he went a little further than the time before. If truth be told, I think he was a little scared to get out in the middle of the lake and fall. Because when he and I were tubing he kept telling me to be sure and come get him if he fell off.
Tubing was a blast. The kids especially loved it because as they rode it they would try to knock the other one off. It was sort of like 'king of the tube'. I must admit, I fell off but only because my arms got tired. :)
Thankfully we all survived and we all had a great time spending the weekend on Lake Luisa.

1 comment:

Tina Blount said...

Looks like wonderful memories. Love that last pic of you and Nathan. Thumbs up!