Thursday, January 22, 2009

Icicles In Florida?

Wow! It got cold last night. At the bus stop this morning, Nathan had to get out and "play" with the icicles on the blueberry bushes. He had such a good time.
As we were riding to the bus stop, Nathan said, "Mom, you know what I want to do to those icicles on those bushes? I want to Kung Fu kick them." I told him he couldn't do that because it would damage the plants. He did pose and pretend to give them a good kick.
The sprinklers were still running and so was Nathan to dodge the water. He thought it was fun to get wet a little.

Todd's pride and joy, a guava bush he has raised from seeds, got the sprinkler treatment last night too. The weight of the ice made the limbs lean over. This bush normally stands over seven feet tall.

Icicles were hanging from the fence. The temperature reading in the van this morning was a cold twenty two degrees.


Our calves, Brownie and Cotton (at least that's their names this week), were laying down huddled together trying to keep warm. Of course they had to get up when I approached.
I don't like to be cold and I am very thankful that Florida doesn't offer too many real cold days.

No comments: