Sunday, October 12, 2008

Another "Funny" From Nathan.

Do your children always have to go to the bathroom right when the food arrives at a restaurant or is it just my son? I swear, that boy always has to go at the most inopportune times. Last Sunday we went to a restaurant we haven't been to in a long time and as always he had to go. Thankfully, this time we were finishing up. So, off we went. Now that he is seven he thinks he is old enough to go in the men's bathroom by himself. You would think by now he would know that that won't happen until he is at least thirty two. In the ladies restroom, I did let him go in his own stall.

I don't know if it is just my son but he is so easily distracted...by anything. He can waste more time than anybody I know. I want him to get in, take care of business, and get out. Of course that doesn't happen. At the table, when he tells me he needs to go I try and get him to wait but he can't. He's got to go baaaaaaad. But, when we get in the bathroom, he has to check out the soap dispenser, see if the water works, if there are paper towels or a hand dryer, oh and of course he must make sure he picks a stall that will lock. Once on the toilet, he can sing and hum, lean over and play with his shoes and do anything, but get done, which is all I want him to do.

I use to try and encourage him to hurry. That did no good. He just won't be hurried. Now that he is older he pokes around just to irritate me. So, on Sunday, I waited a good fifteen minutes for him without saying a word. And, I was proud of myself. Finally, I heard him pulling the toilet paper out of the dispenser. And I waited, and waited and waited. And he never pulled anymore out. I couldn't stand it anymore and said,"Son, are you about done?"

"Mom, I'm still wiping," he said.

"Well, if you are using that much toilet paper, you better go ahead and flush so you don't stop up the toilet."

"I'm only using one square at a time."

"That's not a very big piece to wipe with."

"Well, Mom, I'm trying to use it wisely," he retorted.

No comments: