Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thanks Everyone...

I came into this world forty three years ago today. Flag day. My daddy has always said that everyone raised a flag when I was born. I've loved him for saying that. As far as excitement goes this year's activities have been as exciting as last year's. Last year we had to drive to Miami to get our Jamaican visas. This year I spent the morning washing clothes. This evening we will have dinner with a team of twenty that is here from West Virginia.

I have realized today how blessed I am. I am loved by so many friends and family members. My day started off with my son giving me a birthday card he made. You know it was my favorite. Shortly after breakfast the phone calls started. With the exception of two people, almost everyone that is important and close to me have called. The two that haven't, well, one is falling in love fast and the other one is pregnant. So, I will extend them a little grace. :)

Nathan just came in from playing football at the park with his dad. (My other favorite present today-Todd taking Nathan to the park.) He came and stood beside me and whispered,"Mom, the team is going to get you something at dinner tonight."

"You probably weren't suppose to say anything about that were you?", I said.

He very quickly covered himself by saying, "Well, I didn't tell you what it was."

Sometimes he really makes me laugh.

Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes.

7 comments:

apple said...

I AM SOOO SURE! who do you think was calling when her child left you a message missy~!! you cant be the Godmotha now! LOL Happy birthday my BCF! i love you the mostest~ so glad you were born.......ok, come home now, im done with this

Unknown said...

How well I remember that eventful day at the Good Samaritan Hospital in West Palm Beach, FL. With that beautiful head of hair everyone on that floor thought my baby took the prize. Of course she has always been very special to her parents and brother. We love you, Darling. Mama

Kathy Collard Miller said...

Happy Birthday, Carla! June birthday people are the best!

Nathan's Uncle said...

Glad I called! I can only imagine the descriptor you would have left for me. LOL!

Here's the link to read my birthday post for my sister:

http://nathansuncle.blogspot.com/2008/06/happy-birthday-sister.html

Anonymous said...

I really wanted another boy, but I have never been sorry we got a girl. She works and plays like a boy, but she loves and gives attention like a girl. I love you and am so proud of you. I hope you have a lot more happy birthdays.
Daddy

Anonymous said...

My best friend ever! How I miss you! I am so looking forward to the day I can hug you until you can'nt take a breath! It was good to talk to you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad I redeemed myself! At least I called within our birthday month :) I forgot how busy and distracting being in love can be - I'm savoring every minute of it. I still wish you were coming to my party. I'll eat a piece of Sweetie Pie's cake for you!